March 19, 2015
1. Permitted Uses of Our Site
Charlie Rose is proud to provide Internet users with a rich collection of content, including videos, text and images (the "Content"). All Content on our website is the intellectual property of Charlie Rose Inc. or certain third parties, and is protected by copyright law. We have listed below the permitted uses of the Content by Internet site visitors. We reserve the right to change our permitted uses at any time.
- You may view and print individual pages of our website or view or stream one or more videos, and you may forward links of such items for personal use. However, you may not extract, copy or download the Content, such as by a bot, webcrawler, scraper, spider or other device that "harvests" portions of the site, or otherwise use automated tools to use the Content in a manner other than in which such content is intended to be used.
- Any copies of our website pages must not remove our copyright notice or other legends. You may not alter or modify the Content in in any manner.
- You may use our Content solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes. Unless you receive our permission in advance, you may not exploit any of our Content commercially, forward it as a mass distribution, or post it on another website, including a blog, social networking site or peer-to-peer distribution site, and you acknowledge any such use without our consent will result in damages to us. For clarity, embedding and re-posting our Content, with proper attribution and without circumventing ad-revenue or other technology, will not be considered commercial exploitation.
- You may link other websites to this website, but you may not imply or suggest that Charlie Rose has endorsed or is affiliated with such websites. You may not display this website or any Content as "framed" within another website other than through means provided for on our website.
2. Submitting Your Content
Charlie Rose and his producers welcome your ideas for future programs or website features. However, to avoid any misunderstandings, please be advised that we have no obligation to use any of your submitted ideas or to keep them confidential. Further, if we do use your ideas (or allow others to do so), we have no obligation to notify you, pay you for them or to attribute you as a contributor.
We also welcome your comments on videos and other Content in our website and any other content you choose to submit to us. Again, to avoid any misunderstandings, please be advised that we have the right to (and to allow others to) use, copy and distribute all of your user comments and any content you submit to us, without compensating or notifying you.
3. Prohibited Uses of Our Site and Content
Charlie Rose Inc. has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor this website for any violations of the policies below and to take all appropriate actions in response, without notice to you. We reserve the right to collect and track information regarding your use of this website to customize content for you, or for diagnostic or other purposes. We reserve the right to change or supplement these policies at any time.
- You may not post or send through our site any materials or communications that are defamatory, obscene, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, abusive or otherwise objectionable in our sole discretion.
- You may not (and may not encourage others to) violate any law, regulation, rule or the intellectual property or contractual rights of others, or attempt to violate or circumvent the security of this website or use or gain access to the identities, information or computers of others through this website or otherwise use unauthorized means to access, manipulate or make copies of the Content without our express written consent.
- You may not use this website for commercial, marketing or advertising purposes or to solicit information, transactions or money from other site users. You may not use this website to engage in spamming, flooding, flaming, trolling, spoofing, griefing, phishing or other unauthorized or unwelcome online conduct.
- You may not transmit or attempt to transmit any virus, worm, time bomb or similar system interference or corruptant through this site.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Charlie Rose Inc. and its affiliates and their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liabilities, damages, losses, claims, expenses and fees resulting from your unauthorized use of our website or violation of our website policies.
4. Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, this website links to other companies' websites, such as Amazon.com and Audible.com. We do not endorse, and do not have any responsibility for any other websites, including their products and services, content and website use policies. You access all other websites from this website entirely at your own risk.
5. Copyright Policy
If you believe that another user has infringed your copyrights on this website, click here for our reporting procedure.
“Charlie Rose,” “Charlie Rose Presents,” “Charlie Rose Tomorrow,” “Charlie Rose Science Series,” charlierose.com, “Charlie Rose the Week,” and certain other marks displayed on this website are trademarks owned by Charlie Rose Inc. Certain other trademarks displayed on this website are the property of their respective owners.
7. No Offer or Advice
We are not utilizing this website to provide investment or other advice, and nothing on this website is to be deemed a recommendation that you buy, sell or hold any security or other investment or that you pursue any investment style or strategy. Nothing on this website constitutes investment, accounting, tax or legal advice. If you would like such advice, you should consult with your own advisors with respect to your individual circumstances and needs. Decisions based on use of this website are your sole responsibility, and you agree that we are not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance thereon.
8. Limitations of Liability
You acknowledge and accept that:
- notwithstanding the reasonable efforts by us to avoid technological problems, this website may not be available, may not function properly or may have or cause technological problems (including, without limitation, computer malfunction, failure of performance, delays, interruptions, defects, errors, worms or viruses) from time to time; and
- notwithstanding any reasonable security precautions that we or our designee may take, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that this website will be free from security problems (including, without limitation, unauthorized interception of data or communications).
We will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to special, incidental, direct, indirect, punitive or consequential damages, that result from the use of (or the inability to use) this website and the Content, or a website linked to this website, including any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation, computer virus, line failure, or other computer malfunction or unauthorized interception of data or communications. You understand and agree that your use of this website is predicated upon your waiver of any right to sue us directly or to participate in a suit for any losses or damages resulting from your use of this website.
9. Changes to Terms & Conditions
We may revise or supplement these Terms and Conditions from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any substantial changes to these Terms and Conditions, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our website.
10. International Use
We make no claim that our website is appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. If you access this website from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and website access.
11. Governing Law/Forum
These Terms and Conditions are governed by New York law. If we have a dispute regarding this policy or your use of our website, you agree that it shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in the borough of Manhattan, New York City, and by using this website you consent to such jurisdiction.